It started as the desire to complete just one 10K to say I did it. A few weeks into my training, a relationship came to an end and I lost my job. Those training runs quickly became my best friends as I sorted through the losses and uncertainty. Now, more than 4 years, training for 5 half marathons, and one knee surgery later, the challenges I have taken on in running have helped me understand that I can take on, and conquer, whatever lies in my path ahead.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

I forgot to run a 5K!

Yep. This morning. It was a run done by the Physician's Assistant school at Emory and benefits Good Sam. The place where I am the development director. I was supposed to sign up this week, take some materials about Good Sam out to Lullwater park early this a.m., and run on the anniversary of my first race post knee surgery last year.

And I didn't remember until I was driving by Lullwater Park after digging up plants from a friend's yard, picking up a few more at Pike's on my way to HD for soil conditioner. I looked down the park driveway and saw the last of the people carrying gear up the hill from the race.

Sigh. Apparently I've been a little busy and distracted.

On the upside, I've gotten in my 2 3-mile runs this week, including yesterday a hilly run at Brookhaven at a 9:13 pace. Tomorrow, severe weather permitting, I plan to do 5.

If I remember.

3 comments:

KellyRose said...

Ok this totally made me laugh out loud! Only you. You need to post more entries on both your blogs. I enjoy your writing.

Al's CL Reviews said...

At least you didn't forget to do the Alzheimer's Walk like I did one year...and I signed up for it and raised money.

You're too funny.

Karen said...

Ok so Allison has me beat!