It started as the desire to complete just one 10K to say I did it. A few weeks into my training, a relationship came to an end and I lost my job. Those training runs quickly became my best friends as I sorted through the losses and uncertainty. Now, more than 4 years, training for 5 half marathons, and one knee surgery later, the challenges I have taken on in running have helped me understand that I can take on, and conquer, whatever lies in my path ahead.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Vacation

I got some great runs in while at the beach for a long weekend. Running on the beach was out. It was too unstable for my knee. But I did get a 4+ miler in on Sat., and a 6+ miler on Mon. I also had a beach romance with a bike - a little pedal thing with no gears and cute little basket.

I just checked out my routes on Map My Run, and it turns out I rode nearly 12 miles on Sunday evening, then another 12 miles right after my 6 mile run on Monday morning (can you say dead legs), and a final 7 to pick up chocolate croissants for breakfast on Tuesday. This was in my final quest to find something useful to tote in my basket.

It was hard to walk away from that cute little bike, but it was just a vacation romance.

3 comments:

Viv said...

Ahhh sounds like a great time! The beach running would be brutal to anyone. I lvoe the bike with the basket!! Are you sure you don't want to consider a relationship with it???

Karen said...

It was tempting Viv, but I need more stability in a relationship: the ability to shift gears during the tough times, being able to put on the brakes at the touch of a hand... I need true bike love, not just a litle basket infatuation

Al's CL Reviews said...

Your vacation sounds nice.