It started as the desire to complete just one 10K to say I did it. A few weeks into my training, a relationship came to an end and I lost my job. Those training runs quickly became my best friends as I sorted through the losses and uncertainty. Now, more than 4 years, training for 5 half marathons, and one knee surgery later, the challenges I have taken on in running have helped me understand that I can take on, and conquer, whatever lies in my path ahead.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

The next step of the journey

Sunday, July 29, 2007

There's a great group of women online that I post with about our running. And there are "real life" friends who literally plod alongside me. And now, from the inspiration I receive from both, I've decided to start my own blog - the next step in the role running has had in my life for the last 2 years. It's the time when I clear my head. Clear it of the junk that comes in endlessly, whether you want to hear it or not. And clear it of the junk I store and nurture so carefully there myself.

And just to keep me humble, I didn't drag myself out of bed this morning for an 8 mile run. That leaves me facing it this early evening, in what is sure to be high humidity and heat. Of course I don't feel like I have 8 miles in me - we shall see what I find.

No comments: